Saturday 21 April 2012

April 30th - May 4th, 2010 pt.1

Not only was it great to be back in Canada, it was great to reunite with family members as well.  Amanda’s uncle, Paul, was visiting his brother in-law Tom at the time in White Rock, British Columbia so we had the opportunity to stay there for a couple of days.  This is the first time I’ve ever been to BC and I think this is the second time for Amanda.  


Casa de Tom



The four of us went to dinner at a Greek restaurant called Cosmos near the waterfront promenade in White Rock and brought them both up to speed on our travels.


I don’t remember what this is called but it was soooo delicious.



Hmmmmmm beef souvlaki on rice



We made short work of that meal no doubt



After dinner we had ourselves a little stroll along the waterfront where a train just happened to pass by



Amanda and I acting silly…



…because we’re excited to make it back to Canada unscathed.



This is what we routinely had for breakfast thanks to Tom.  A concoction of all things organic: stone oats, apples, grapes, nuts, you name it; it’s in there. 



Here I am trying to troubleshoot some electrical issues with my bike.  I figured out that the starter fuse is blown, but now my turn signals are out of whack.  I hear a rattling noise whenever I switch the turn signals on; must be the relay.  Any ideas Baxter?



How about you Cara?  No comment huh.  I understand.



When I was looking in the Yellow Pages to find an Auto Zone to replace the fuse, it just dawned on me that we’re in Canada now and that I can go to Canadian Tire or better known as Crappy Tire.  The reason being is that it’s not uncommon to buy something that has been already opened with parts missing.  Walking into the store brought a smile to my face because everything that was so familiar about Canada is starting to come back to me now.


I managed to locate the turn-signal relay which was causing the rattling noise



Instead of purchasing a brand new one, I managed to locate a used one for $5 at a motorcycle salvage store.



Tom’s family came by and we all had dinner together



Walking aids in digestion…



…and creates more room for dessert. 


Relay malfunction

One’s junk; another’s treasure.

Family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment