Friday 6 April 2012

April 12th-16th, 2010 pt.2

Like Radioman said, it’s no KLR!  Now I know there are a few Harley haters out there on ADV, but as a motorcycle fan in general, I had to appreciate the ol’ American classic.  My first bike was a Suzuki GZ250 cruiser so I will always have a soft spot for cruisers in general.  The Road King is a HUGE step up from what I rode a few years back. 
The Suzuki GZ250; back when I had long hair.



I actually had a more extensive introduction than just a short jaunt down the street.



Suited up and ready to go.  Before I have Amanda ride pillion, I needed to get a better feel for the bike riding solo first.


Wow, it’s been a long time since I rode in this seated position.  Sooooo not used to it anymore.  Now it’s nothing like the GZ250 mind you, not even close.  Legs spread out and forward resting on the highway pegs, the instant response you get from just a short turn of the throttle, and the noise!  Man oh man did that baby ever purrrrrrr!  Everybody could hear me coming from a mile away.  I was like a kid in a candy store; a huge grin from ear to ear.  My dreams of feeling as if I was the Terminator has finally been fulfilled.  Thanks Radioman!  Unfortunately the skies started to spit and I raced back to the house and called it a day.  Sorry Amanda, but you already rode on the back of a Harley.  Twice! 
The three of us had steaks and guacamole one night.




I want your boots, your…
clothes, and your motorcycle.
Please!  Please!  Pretty please!

No comments:

Post a Comment