Wednesday 25 January 2012

January 13th, 2010

Another chilly morning, but no rain though.  We said our goodbyes to the 2 hunters and right before they left for their hunt, they gave us a few hand warmers; the little sachets that contain chemicals and heats up when you shake them.  The packaging says they last for 8 hours, but I think they wear out much sooner than that.  Heat is better than no heat and they might come in handy someday. 
Riding along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico along route 98 was easy going.  The highlight of today’s ride was when we passed Tyndall Air Force Base and saw fighter jets flying all around us in the sky.  I couldn’t resist pumping my fist in the air like the way Tom Cruise does in the movie Top Gun while he’s riding his Kawasaki GPZ900R alongside a fighter plane.  “I feel the need…the need for speed!”  On a KLR?  Keep dreaming. 

We stopped in Destin, FL at Bass Pro Shops to use a gift card Amanda’s Aunt had given me for Christmas.  Spent it all on boil-in-the-bags and a pocket saw for breaking up large pieces of wood for campfires.  I guess it can also double up as a garrote for times when I need a stealth kill.   


Amanda fascinated with the fishes at Bass Pro Shops

Heat: Shaken, not stirred.
I got a MiG on my tail!
Wal-Mart allow fires?

For dinner, we were looking forward to going to Cracker Barrel and use a gift card, also given to us for Christmas from Amanda’s Aunt, but the restaurant in town was going through renovations.  We opted for Subway instead.  Night came quickly and we were too tired to look for remote places to camp.  Once again we camped at 5-star Wal-Mart in Navarre, FL.  Remember I said those hand warmers might come in handy?  Tonight was the night they were. 
A rough outline of where we've been thus far

No comments:

Post a Comment