Wednesday 4 January 2012

December 9th-12th, 2009 pt.2

This morning Amanda and TheRidingLibrarian went out for a ride on their ATV while I stayed back at the house and slept in.  Didn’t need an alarm clock to wake up; their rooster took care of that.  I went outside to take a look around.  Yep, we’re definitely in Florida country.  They had a livery with all the animals you would find on a farm, but on a smaller, manageable scale.  It was a dream come true.  I’ve always wanted to get my hands dirty on a farm and this was it!
Amanda and TheRidingLibrarian out and about on the trails
Taking a short break
Snagged a pic of a diamondback rattlesnake
Playing Star Wars with the little man
I spent hours trying to figure out how to transform this back into a tank
TheRidingLibrarian had to work, so her husband and little boy took us out for an airplane ride…did you say airplane ride?  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!  That is way too cool. 
Approaching the hanger
A little friend wished us luck

Helping out with the safety checks

You gonna come fly with us?

This will be the first time Amanda and I ride in an airplane of this size.  We were very excited.  Amanda even had the chance to navigate the airplane while I sat in the back with little man trying to focus on not being sick.  I hate motion sickness.  Lucky for me I managed to keep it in, but I had a baggy just in case.






The views were breathtaking.  I didn’t know what turbulence was until this ride.  What can I say?  It’s a wee bit nerve wracking. 






Come on!  Get a grip man!
Time to piece back together the broken ego
Amanda never to miss a moment to show me up

Soaring amongst birds.
Are you sure that’s turbulence?
Got testosterone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment