Monday 9 January 2012

December 12th-27th, 2009 pt.3

We all went to see Avatar in IMAX 3D one evening.  Visual effects were stunning.  The sound almost blew my ears off.  Story was alright.  That’s all I have to say about that. 

Then there was Kino’s Journey.  I was flipping through the Aerostitch catalog online one day and came across it in the DVD section.  Kino’s Journey is an anime series about a female traveler named Kino who travels to different countries on a Brough Superior motorbike.  Not your typical anime; very deep and thought provoking.  I highly recommend it.  I managed to convert the DVDs onto my iPod so we can watch them in the tent when we camp. 

The next weekend we went to Big Cypress National Preserve.  Initially we wanted to ride there, but we opted for the SUV so we can all talk on the way there.  Chatterbox wasn’t in our budget.  It was here where we saw alligators up close and personal.  We even got pictures too!



We went to the visitor center to get more information about the ranger guided programs.  Turns out they do free canoe trips in the mangroves.  All we needed to bring was a packed lunch. Sweet!  The next available time slot is on January 3.  We had nothing to lose so we signed up. 
SMILE!  You’re on candid camera!  This Ranger is making good use of your tax dollars.  Look real close at his computer screen…Solitaire!

Goofing around at the exhibits.  Argh!  My name is Vosvutu!  King of the alligator people!
Going out on a nature walk on one of the many trails...Amanda, what are you doing?








Peek-a-boo!  I see you!
Why am I adopting the Spiderman pose?  I have no idea.
Gator stalks his prey.
Solitaire?  Who me? No, Never!
He better not fart!

No comments:

Post a Comment