Saturday 14 January 2012

December 28th-31st, 2009 pt.3

The ride back from Key West was just as beautiful as the ride going in.  It was a full moon that night, which worked in our favor because Key deer are a major hazard.  We managed to see at least a dozen off to the side of the road, but far enough not to be of any concern. 
The next day we decided to fish the big waters one last time, but only this time we’re heading out into deep waters.  Time to find out whether or not I can hack it…

                                             …guess not.

The funny part of the story is while I was trying so hard to concentrate on the horizon, which supposedly helps with motion sickness, I hear Amanda behind me puking over the edge of the boat.  I laughed uncontrollably before it was my turn to finally lose my breakfast.  FireEscape said it best:  “Well, at least I don’t have to chum the waters now.” 
After saying our goodbyes, we left Big Pine Key late afternoon to spend New Year’s Eve back in Miami with Amanda’s aunt.  On our ride back I saw the last sunset of 2009 in my rear view mirror.  Man, was it ever beautiful. 
Back in Miami, Mleabroad surprised us with fireworks she had purchased earlier in the day.  We’re going to set them off out in the front yard just before New Year. 
Candlelight dinner with mimosas; a cocktail with 1 part champagne and 1 part orange juice.
Shepherd's pie!  Yummy!
Fireworks!
Amanda dancing around like a Power Ranger foot soldier...Putties!
...me playing along.
Happy New Year 2010!
Cheers!
So long 2009.  2010, here we come!
Guided by moonlight.
Deep sea fishing days are done.
Five, four, three, two, one…

No comments:

Post a Comment