Sunday 1 July 2012

August 28th, 2010


Having the extra day of rest proved to be helpful in getting rid of my headache, but a nasty cough and sore throat remains.  The sunny weather was enough to get my mind off it and getting the show on the road.



A trail near where we camped brought us to this gorgeous view



Labrador Sea



Our first stop: L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site



Discovered in 1960, Norse artifacts have been found that dates back to around 1000 AD



This site is the only known Norse site in North America and represents the discovery of the New World before Christopher Columbus



We backtracked along hwy 430 and took a detour on hwy 432 to avoid doubling back on the same road.  We stopped at the Arches Provincial Park, a popular photo spot in Newfoundland.



The holes are formed by the constant pounding of the waves



Goes to show how destructive and powerful moving water really is



Gros Morne National Park



It was really hard for me to enjoy the views along with the twisty roads while riding through Gros Morne.  It was getting dark, colder, and I’m coughing my brains out.  It was really frustrating because I knew I was missing out.  I’m sure Amanda got more out of it than I did. 


A fellow rider on a Triumph we met at Tim Horton’s in Deer Lake directed us to this pub where we watched another UFC event



The patrons there were friendly enough to let Amanda get a picture of their mock UFC belt.
 


Not sure where to camp, the owner of the pub happily directed us to a park close by where we shouldn’t be bothered


457 km

Beaten to the punch.

Possibly pneumonia.

People are friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment