Wednesday 7 December 2011

October 25th, 2009

Surprisingly enough we woke up fine and dandy.  Today we’re going to The Submarine Force Museum in Groton, CT with TwilgihtError and ErrorWife.  Not only would we see cool and interesting gadgets and war machines, the best part of it all…it was FREE!  So the next time any of you riders pass through the area and you’re on a shoestring budget, it’s definitely something worth checking out. 
Submarine Force Museum.  The big ring represents the girth of the current submarine USS Ohio.
Submarine hatch for nuclear missiles
This pic made me feel as if I was on one of those mech robots from the third installment of The Matrix films
Scotty!  I need more power!
Peek-a-boo!  I see you!
Let the bodies hit the floor...Let the bodies hit the floor...
All aboard!
Kinda creepy if you ask me
High-ranking officer's quarters
Captain's quarters
Amanda getting a kick out of opening hatches
Hey there sailor!  Whatchew doing?
Originally we were going to have a picnic at a historic castle I think, but too many bridge closures had us settle for eating at a war memorial in a small town I don’t remember.  After a long day, we went back to Jewett City and had dinner.  ErrorWife had prepared an awesome pasta dish made with various types of cheeses.  It was yummy.

Submerged in water.
Packed like sardines in a can.
Lop off my sea legs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment