Monday 21 November 2011

October 10th-11th, 2009

For the past couple of days Canuman and I were waiting with anticipation for Amanda’s arrival.  The day has finally come.  Canuman suggested that I meet her at Rouses Point in upstate NY.  He also suggested that I stop by at a flower shop and buy Amanda flowers.  Let me tell you a little something about myself.  I like to think of myself as a man’s man.  I ride motorbikes, I swim with sharks, I wear Old Spice.  I can’t be bothered with girly girl flowers.  They’re just not functional.  Canuman helped me put it in perspective and convinced me otherwise.  “When it comes to relationships and it feels right, don’t hold back.  Go all out.”  It became to so clear to me.  Why the heck not?  That small detail can make the moment more special.  Let’s do it!  I suited up, programmed the gps, and made my way towards the lady friend.  Stopped over in Barton and picked up a single red rose at a flower shop and proceeded onwards towards Rouses Point.  I felt great.  The brisk cool air rushing through my lungs, the vibration intensified as I opened up the throttle, and just knowing that the original game plan is about to come to fruition spawned a grin ear to ear as I rode through the green mountains.  I got to the bridge at around 14:30 and waited at the base of the bridge…5 minutes…10 minutes…15 minutes…half an hour!  Screw it!  I’m going further in.  I rode into town and waited where rte 11 ends.  Parked the steed and chomped on some sardines I bought from the Dollar General.  Then it happened.  “She’s here!  She’s here!  She’s here!”  I was jumping up and down like a little boy right before opening up presents at Christmas time.  My voice started to get all funny and weird because I’m quirky like that only in the presence of my one and only.  Man, I was so happy!  Remember I said I wouldn’t cry again?  Bah!  I did, but they were tears of joy!  So much for being a man’s man.

Amanda with her flower at Rouses Point

We rode back to the Palace and got back just in time for a nice warm dinner with Canuman and his family. 


Be back in a year.

Daily hum drum nine to five.

See you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment