Tuesday 5 June 2012

July 5th, 2010


6 days to go before my cousin’s wedding in Toronto…



We woke up early in the morning and broke camp to avoid any hassles from the local authorities for camping on the side of the road.  The only drawback of the prairies is that you’re out in the open and it is difficult to stealth camp without being seen.  We managed to do it only because we rode well into the evening and used the cover of night.  It’s not the greatest feeling knowing that at any point while sleeping; a police officer might come along and tell us to take a hike.  Hey, you do what you gotta do. 


We didn’t spend too much time sightseeing in Winnipeg.  It was an in-and-out job and the blistering heat kept us from diddle-daddling. 



We’re on our way to stay with my friend Kevin near Rainy River, Ontario.  I met Kevin on my first motorcycle adventure when my friend Jason and I rode the once supposedly “longest street in the world”; Yonge Street. 


Entering Ontario for the first time after a 9 month absence



Somebody must’ve forgotten to turn off their faucet



We arrived at Kevin’s place just in time before he had to head out for work in the evening. 



Kevin is a proud owner of a 1987 KLR, the first in the series. 



I knew my front tire needed replacing when I checked it this morning and planned on changing it at Kevin’s.  Another close call?



Can’t work on an empty stomach, let’s get some grub first.



For some reason I just could not get the darned tire bead to sit properly on the wheel.  Amanda and I spent hours inflating, deflating, fidgeting, pulling, pressing, lubing, and we still couldn’t get the tire bead to sit.  At one point I wanted to say “screw it” and just ride the darn thing as is, but I knew that was rash and unsafe.  Somehow, and to this day I have no clue what I did, the tire bead seated after hours and hours of frustration and sleep deprivation at 5 o’clock the next morning.  I was relieved the job was done, but I was not a happy camper.


675 km

Yours to discover.

A province where good things grow.

Beautiful water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment